Emergency Dentistry for Chehalis, WA
When you need an emergency dentist in the Chehalis, WA area, contact our office. We are the premier emergency dentist serving the Lewis county area. Our office can handle any type of dental emergency, from a cracked tooth to a severe infection or abscess.
What is a dental emergency and how do you know if you need care? A dental emergency is anything that needs immediate treatment to stop bleeding, severe uncontrolled pain, or the breaking or loss of a tooth. For example:
- Knocked-out tooth: A knocked-out tooth is usually the result of an accident or external injury, so there may also be pain associated with soft-tissue damage. The lost tooth will leave an exposed nerve, causing intense pain.
- Cracked or chipped tooth: If the crack or chip is severe, bleeding or causing a great deal of pain, then the nerve may be exposed.
- Abscessed tooth: A dental abscess can lead to life-threatening issues, so it’s important to have a qualified dentist help manage the infection. The infection will begin in the gums and can lead to the jaw, surrounding tissues and even the heart.
- Extruded Tooth: This means that the tooth is partially dislodged and the nerve may be exposed.
- Lost crown: A lost crown will leave the nerve exposed to air, which can be painful.
- Broken braces, brackets or wires
- Soft-tissue injury: This includes injury to the lips, gums tongue and cheeks.
If you are in or around the Chehalis area and are experiencing any of these symptoms, contact us as soon as possible.
Why an Emergency Dentist Instead of the ER?
You may be wondering why you should see an emergency dentist instead of going to the emergency room, and the answer is simple, the doctors and nurses in the emergency department are not trained for dental emergencies. They are able to stop the bleeding and alleviated the pain, but they do not have the training or tools to replace or repair broken teeth, repair broken wires or brackets, and other dental emergencies that we are trained specifically to take care of. Trust an expert with your dental emergency needs.
Emergency Dental Care
If you have experienced any type of dental emergency, don’t hesitate; contact our office immediately. Our office will attend to your emergency as quickly as possible. We are preferred providers for PPO, MetLife – Military, Washington Dental PPO, Regence
Our office has been serving the Chehalis area for over 23 years, so you can expect the best emergency dental service possible from an experienced dental staff. Dr. Smith and his associate, Dr. Johnston, both have extensive experience in emergency dentistry and further their knowledge on a regular basis with continuing education classes. Contact our office today at 360-352-2400.